Newborn sessions are one of my favorite sessions and they’re so different from a regular session so I thought I would let you know what to expect and give you a few tips to make your newborn session go a little smoother.
How to prepare for your session:
● Try to schedule your newborn session when baby is around 5 to 10 days old.
● Call or text me as soon as your baby is born so we can get your session date/time confirmed.
● Siblings, Mom & Dad are more than welcome to get in on a few images. It’s never too early for a new family portrait 🙂
● Be prepared for you newborn session to last at least an hour. If baby needs to eat or needs a diaper change I allow plenty of time.
● Dont forgot to bring anything you would like to be photographed with baby such as a toy or stuffed animal.
● Clothing- I have all kinds, colors and textures of wraps, blankets and diaper covers for baby. You’re more than welcome to bring outfits if you have something special and solid colors is usually best. When baby is tiny its hard to dress them in clothes especially 2 pieced outfits, they tend to bunch up at their little neck or you can’t keep them together in the middle so one pieced outfits tend to work better.
● Don’t forget to bring a bottle of formula or breast milk even if you’re nursing. Sometimes just a little sip is all it takes to get baby to settle.
● Pack a pacifier even if baby doesn’t seemed interested in a pacifier. Sometimes it helps to soothe.
What to expect during your newborn session:
●Baby will wake up and it’s ok. I love seeing baby’s eyes and we can sooth baby back to sleep.
●Baby will cry.
●Baby will need to feed more than usual.
● I will gladly sooth baby and help all I can so parents can relax.
● Session usually takes at least a hour. It’s a slow, relaxed process. I’ve had people tell me I have the patience of Job…… I had a daycare for 12 years in my home. I have a lot of patience 🙂
If you’re looking for a newborn photographer in the Jonesboro Arkansas area give me a call at 870-926-0995 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Im offering an extra happy if you book a newborn session during the months of July or August. Below is a link to the blog post.